10 mins, serves: 2 (for tapas)
What you will need:
• 12 King Prawns
• 1/2 tsp Paprika (picante)
• 1 heaped tsp Dried Parsley
• 3-4 Garlic cloves sliced
• 200ml Sunflower Oil (or enough to cover the prawns)
• An 11cm terracotta cazuela dish that you can put directly on a gas flame.
- Peel the prawns and put into the terracotta dish. Season with a little salt.
- Add the paprika, garlic and parsley.
- Pour enough oil to just cover the prawns and stir well.
- Put the dish onto a small gas ring and turn on the gas.
- Cook for a few minutes until the prawns have just turned pink.
- Very carefully remove the dish and put onto a flat plate with a paper napkin to stop it slipping.
- Serve whilst the oil is still bubbling with fresh, crusty bread for mopping up the juices.
Wine Match: Beronia Rueda Verdejo
A lively and aromatic white wine made from the Verdejo grape variety. It’s dry and fruity with flavours of ripe stone fruits and aromatic herbs, with floral touches, fennel and freshly cut grass.
Recipe from Milli Taylor