What you will need:
• 1/2 baguette
• 2 ripe tomatoes
• halved 1 clove of garlic, minced
• 8 slices of jamón ibérico
• extra virgin olive oil
- Cut baguette into thick slices to grill or toast, and then brush with olive oil.
- Grate the halved tomatoes into a bowl along with the finely chopped garlic.
- Season the tomato flesh with a dash of salt and spread evenly onto the toasted bread.
- Top each toast with a slice or two of jamón and drizzle with olive oil.
Wine match: Beronia Rioja Mazuelo Reserva
Only released in years when the wine is of exceptional quality, this Mazuelo is fermented slowly for increased extraction of colour and character. Aromas of vanilla and blackberry jam combine with hints of leather and spice to give a full bodied wine with excellent structure.
Recipe from Mimo San Sebastian
“Pan tumaca, or pa amb tomaquet, originates in Catalunya, but is also popular in the Basque Country. Simple to assemble, it can easily be made into a vegetarian pintxo by adding Idiazabal or Manchego cheese instead of the jamón ibérico.“
Both Mimo and Beronia are committed to the good life – good friends, good food and good wine. Together we have brought this to life in the San Sebastian Food Cooking School and Beronia Txoko.
Mimo Food San Sebastian